Tuesday, May 19, 2015

This is going nowhere, I think we should take a break


For the duration of Lent(I know, but observing Lent is a healthy exercise in discipline.), I was rocking my natural IDGAF hair. The point was to give myself and my hair a break from long sessions with damaging heat and products no matter how hard it is to go to a cocktail reception with a lion's mane! Afterwards is a good chance to reassess you daily maintenance ritual, cut some of the  unnecessary bullshit out and replace those habits with better ones. Here are some great tips on how to accomplish that goal.

1. Ask yourself if the time suck is worth it. I used to spend way too much fucking time on my hair and too little caring for my skin.

2. "Are there better products I can use for my specific needs?" The cosmetic industry is giant but most companies are moving towards address specific skin, hair, and even teeth needs. With such variety, it is helpful to see if there are newer and more appropriate products out there for you. I just went from $35 salon brand shampoo to a ten dollar product that I love from target because more companies are moving away from parabens and sulfates(they stopped giving free makeovers to those greedy ass lab animals too!)

3. "Does this ritual or product make my life better or easier?"
Spending more time at the gym definitely makes my life better and improved my mood. In that way, my life became easier. It is as simple as that.

In all actuality, I don't really give a shit what you look like or that you give a shit about what you look like. If you have a defined ritual, large or small, it is a good idea to take a break and see if you really have a future with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment