Thursday, May 14, 2015

Fat is the new fat

Someone felt it necessary to explain(maybe mansplain since it is acutally my paying job to know these things and was presented with an internet article) to me that animal fat is the best to fry in (obvi), so I feel like it is time to explain why I don't fry in lard and the reasons are pretty simple.

Lard spoils! If you buy lard in the grocery store, it comes in a giant tub that I might use once. If I'm frying that much chicken or making large amounts of ethnic food, then lard is a go ahead.

If we are talking our fantasy fat, why not duck fat. That shit is delicious! OH YEAH.......cost. thats right. I'm trying ro save some money like the rest of you fine folk but if I have to buy a new bucket of lard every time I fry chicken, im spending a lot more than on that trans fatty shortening that I tend to re-use once (I wait till it cools and the particles float to the bottom then oour the top stuff into a solo cup for later use).

So yes my brotha, you are correct. Animal fat is super legit and I love it. It is just not practical and im a practical person(unless its shoes).

Thanks for the post material though. I know you weren't really mansplaining

No comments:

Post a Comment